Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Anybody watch SNL last night?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Anybody watch SNL last night?


  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody watch SNL last night?

    In a war of words reminiscent of Vice President Dan Quayle taking on television character Murphy Brown in the 1992 presidential election, John McCain's camp is slamming Tina Fey's impersonation of Governor Sarah Palin on "Saturday Night Live,"? while Cindy McCain is calling out the ladies of "The View."?

    "SNL"? had its highest rated season premiere since 2002, but some members of the McCain campaign were not laughing.

    Millions of viewers tuned in to see "30 Rock"? star and "SNL"? alum Tina Fey portray Sarah Palin alongside Amy Poehler, who did her Sen. Hillary Clinton impression.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement

    "The portrait was very dismissive of the substance of Sarah Palin, and so in that sense, they were defining Hillary Clinton as very substantive, and Sarah Palin as totally superficial,"? McCain advisor Carly Fiorina told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell on Monday. "I think that continues the line of argument that is disrespectful in the extreme, and yes I would say sexist."?

    The Fey/Poehler sketch satirized such topics as Palin's religious beliefs and foreign policy.

    "Just because Sarah Palin has different views than Hillary Clinton does not mean that she lacks substance. She has a lot of substance,"? Fiorina said.

    Palin, on the other hand, found the sketch amusing, according to her spokesperson. The governor and the press corps watched the sketch in the back of her plane, laughing at Tina and Amy's satirical take on the two politicians.

    "She thought it was quite funny, particularly because she once dressed up as Tina Fey for Halloween,"? Palin spokesperson Tracey Schmitt told CBS.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26743182/

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody watch SNL last night?

    I figured as soon as Palin was announced that Fey would comeback as a guest to do the character. They favor a lot IMO. I didn't get to see the episode yet, but have it downloading on iTunes.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody watch SNL last night?

    Fey looked, acted, and sounded just like her..it was scary but sexy.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody watch SNL last night?

    tina fey is just plain sexy.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody watch SNL last night?

    Who in the hell dresses up like Tina Fey for Halloween?
    I mean, I'm not saying it's a bad thing - she's a sexy beast. It just doesn't seem like one of those, "Hey, I think I'm going to be..." things that someone normally does.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •